There are as many reasons for volunteering as there are people in the world! At Soundcare we appreciate and honor our volunteers and every reason they have for giving of their time and talents. If you’re looking to give back, embrace an elder who may have no family close by, share your unique talent, or just get connected with some very special people, we invite you to consider becoming a Soundcare volunteer.
Here’s a sample of how you can make a difference at Nisqually Valley:
- Listen to residents share their stories and life lessons
- Read to residents
- Sing to residents
- Play cards or board games with residents
- Help residents sort out their closets and drawers
- Help residents decorate their rooms
- Help escort residents to activities or dining
- Help with activity theme days
- Spend time with residents who have no family or friends close by
- Make that special one-to-one connection that is so important to all of us!
Contact us for more information.